Header2

Saturday 15 August 2015

Dwarf Bullied Undergoes Agonising Five Year Leg-Lengthening Procedure To Get Taller


A dwarf, Sanika Hussain, 25, was bullied and called 'Mini Me' because of her size but has now reached her dream height after spending almost spent five years in agony undergoing a painful procedure - to make her three-and-a-half inches TALLER

Sanika, from Bradford, West Yorks, endured years of horrific taunts such as "freak" and "mini-me" after being born with dwarfism, before finally being given the go ahead for controversial leg-lengthening procedures in 2010.

The painful process, which took more than four years, has left Sanika with dozens of scars on her legs - and a huge smile on her face.

She said: "I finally feel comfortable in my own skin.


"Although 3.5 inches may not sound like much, for me it was the difference between standing out and fitting in - between hating myself and feeling confident.

"Growing up, bullies used to shout 'dwarf' and 'freak' at me and over time I believed them.

"But now, with my longer legs, I don't see myself as a 'freak' - I'm simply a petite woman."

No comments:

Post a Comment